Last week the work was predominantly the spots on a cheetah but this week good progress has been made on the stripes of this Zebra.
Working in the contours of both animals so they don’t look flat has been quite a challenge!
I did not realize how much thought would be needed to make sure the spots and stripes did not look just like random flat black splodges or thick wavy lines!
Lots of subtle shades of grey are required to give a furry look and build in the important facial contours.
I have learnt a lot from drawing these animals… but still lots to do.
I am hopeful that both drawings will be finished for next week.